What is responsible gambling?
Gambling can be fun, while done with responsibility. Many people finds fun, a way out of stress, a break in the routine, or a source of happiness when they play some money, and manage to succeed in the objective of winning.
However, all that situation can turn into a negative if not done with the head. A responsible gambler should:
- Gamble for leisure but aware of it’s risks and the possibilities of loosing.
- Be in control of their gambling activity.
- Keep a balance with other activities in their live.
- Ensure gambling doesn’t cause harm to themselves or others
The concept of Responsible Gambling
Responsible Gambling is a concept which comprises different policies and rules imposed to gambling companies. These requirements ensure that gambling enterprises comply with the highest quality standards, and protect users from the negative effects of gambling in their life.
Responsible Gambling focus their action on different areas:
- Prevent underaged people of gamble.
- Share awareness of the potential gambling risks.
- Identify and protect vulnerable gamblers.
- Assist to any gambler who requires help.
- Responsiveness to community concerns about gambling.
These principles apply to different entities related to gambling like: broadcasters, gambling providers, governments, or sport associations.